Follicular Unit Excision
Hair transplant is the BEST solution for patients with baldness. Not only that it is safe, but it is also natural and permanent. Hair transplant is a minor surgery in which all critical steps will be performed by Dr Pukpinya Jangjetriew and assists by her nurses and technicians.
The concept of hair transplant is to move hair follicles from the donor area (usually at the back of the head) and transplant them back to the recipient site (bald or thinning area). The procedure will take around 7-10 hours depending on the difficulty of each case.
FUE hair transplant is currently a popular technique due to the minimal scars and recovery time. It is a technique where follicular units are extracted out one by one. Hair transplant can be used in various problems such as androgenetic alopecia, eyebrow loss, beard/moustache loss, and scars.
1.) The surgeon draws the recipient area, measures grafts required for hair transplant and shaves the donor area. The patients will take pain killer, antibiotics and mild sleeping pills before the surgery. Photos will be taken before and after the hairline is drawn. Recipient area(s) will then be injected with local anesthesia, this is the only painful step.
2.) The surgeon performs graft excisions with WAW FUE SYSTEM. This tool decreases the trauma that could happen to the hair follicles, and it is as good as ARTAS robotic system. The assistances will, then, harvest hair grafts and put them into the holding solution to preserve the quality of the hair grafts while they are outside the patient’s body.
3.) Hair grafts will be dissected and screened under the microscope for healthy and intact follicles. Only healthy grafts will be used for implantation. Unhealthy grafts will not be used as new hair will not grow in it and could result in bald patches.
4.) The surgeon implants healthy grafts on the recipient site that has been discussed with the patient. This will be done using Implanter Pen which is another device to help protect hair grafts from getting injured by the procedure. This will significantly increase the rate of survival to patient’s hair grafts.
Let’s see the transformation
- In the first 14 days after a hair transplant, hair follicles will be in a weak stage and should be taken care of very well.
- 2 weeks after a hair transplant – scabs will start to fall out and transplanted hair might fall out too. The follicles will already be in place by the 14th day.
- 3 months after a hair transplant – you will see 10% of the result at this time point. The growth can be sparse and thin at this time point.
- 6 months after a hair transplant – you will see 50% of the result at this time point. Even though all the hair has already grown out, the hair shaft can still be thin at this time point.
- 12-18 months after a hair transplant – you will see the full result at this time point.
Fast recovery and no big wound
- Small wound (0.8-1 mm wide)
- more than 90% survival rate
- High density
- Fast recovery
- Minimal pain
- Minimal scars
- Less bleeding
- Natural look
- No swelling
- No stitches
Other than that, recovery and aftercare prior to an FUE hair transplant Bangkok is simple and easier than you think. You can live your normal life, go to work, eat, and shop as usual. You can get any haircut you like, without having to worry whether the scars will show or not. Hair transplant Thailand is the most popular destination for tourists, you can even travel after a transplant because you will heal super fast!