How many days do you think you need for recovery after a hair transplant? Do you think you have to take a long leave?
A hair transplant is actually a minor surgery, there is no need for long recovery. You can live your normal life the day after the surgery. However, you will need extra care for the first 2 weeks to improve the quality of the result.
After a hair transplant, you will need to look after the transplanted hair properly because the critical period is the first 2 weeks.
- You should take the medicine as advised by the doctor for the maximum result.
- Wash your hair with low pressure room temperature water, be gentle while washing and air dry your hair with no heat involved. You can use your towel to press lightly or use low heat blow dryer for the first 2 weeks.
- Exercise is not recommended.
- You should not scratch, itch or rub the transplanted area because you will bleed again. The scabs will fall out naturally after 2 weeks.
- No hiar products during this 2 weeks, including topical minoxidil, it could irritate your skin.
- Tight and heavy caps, hat, or helmet should not be worn during this period.
- Avoid bumping your head to anything (it sounds impossible, but it always happen).
After 15 days, you can do normal routine for your hair. If there are some scabs, you can apply olive oil to soften the scabs and rub them off. You can now exercise and use hair products but, still, no swimming and sauna until 1 months after hair transplant.
You should avoid sunburn for 3 months and wear a cap or a het when you go outdoor. You can dye your hair, get a perm etc. after 2 months.
For good results, nothing is ever too hard.